EFT Report, Mumbai: Blame it on Yashraj, is a hilarious story of a Punjabi/Bengali family caugt up in the whirlwind of a wedding getting bigger and bigger by the day, when their darling daughter decides to marry a Muslim boy.

Innovatively mounted, with fast changing video walls as backdrops, every scene and every emotion enhanced with music and dances, hilarious musical parodies of popular Bollywood chartbusters, an ensemble cast of well-know stage and TV artists, with foot tapping musical score of Louis Bank, the play promises to be a laugh a minute roller coaster ride. The humor in the play comes, not from gags, but from a feeling that "I have seen that, I have said that, I have experienced that in my family" kind of identification. It's a mirror to our life being shown on stage.
Language: English
Cast: Anant Mahadevan, Jayati Bhatia, Anchal Sabharwal, Punit Tejwani & Others
Written & directed by: Bharat Dabholkar
Date & Time:
March 3, 2013; 7 pm onwards
Venue:
St. Andrews Auditorium, St. Andrews College, St Domnic Road Behind Holy Family Hospital, Bandra West, Mumbai
Innovatively mounted, with fast changing video walls as backdrops, every scene and every emotion enhanced with music and dances, hilarious musical parodies of popular Bollywood chartbusters, an ensemble cast of well-know stage and TV artists, with foot tapping musical score of Louis Bank, the play promises to be a laugh a minute roller coaster ride. The humor in the play comes, not from gags, but from a feeling that "I have seen that, I have said that, I have experienced that in my family" kind of identification. It's a mirror to our life being shown on stage.
Language: English
Cast: Anant Mahadevan, Jayati Bhatia, Anchal Sabharwal, Punit Tejwani & Others
Written & directed by: Bharat Dabholkar
Date & Time:
March 3, 2013; 7 pm onwards
Venue:
St. Andrews Auditorium, St. Andrews College, St Domnic Road Behind Holy Family Hospital, Bandra West, Mumbai
0 comments:
Post a Comment